Tuesday, October 13, 2009


Oh, gods. It's me, in 1995. I've already posted this old id card about but I like having it saved. I was into NASCAR in 1995, hence the Miller Genuine Draft Rusty Wallace #2 cap. I was actually 17 when this photo was taken. Gods, I was a nerd. A terrible greasy nerd. Until I learned the dual tasks of washing everything daily and brushing my teeth, I was something to behold. It took a while, but I finally got my act together.
My freshman year of school was fun and it taught me and awful lot. For you potential freshmen, here's some hard earned lessons:

1. Get the fuck out of your dorm. I knew nobody until the last bit of Fall, 1995. I stayed and played video games. Games are great fun, but I had so much more fun after I started to get to know people.

2. Wash daily. You would think most people know this, for some reason I would skimp. I showered everyday day, to be sure but never cleaned good enough. Gods. How embarrassing.

3. Women, can't live with them, pass the beer nuts. I saved myself involuntarily by not bothering to meet girls. WTF? Get out of the dorm and meet chicks; it will pay off, trust me.

4. Expand your wardrobe. I am certainly not saying to go and spend money on a $100 pair of jeans. But wash your clothes once in a while. It almost does not matter what you wear, but have clean, decent fitting clothes. It will help!

5. Do not throw food out the dorm window. Me and my buddy Steve emptied his fridge of expired food by chucking it out the window. Big Mayo jars travel VERY nice and make a satisfying splat. Especially when filled with mayo yet.

6. Drink once in a while. I'm not saying turn into a drunken hobo, but a few beers with your friends will always be fun. Trying to hide those beers as you sprint towards the dumpster will also be fun.

OK, that's it. For now. I remember freshman year with an awful lot of joy. I had alot of fun. From blasting Led Zeppelin with my buddy Steve out Conklin's courtyard to making an ass of myself with the BG Gaming group, I had fun. 1995-1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment